Monday 11 October 2010

Influences 2:


This photograph, minus the tourists, will be a shot I aim to reproduce in my short film. This is because you get the sense of vastness and isolation in this photograph and I believe it will really influence me to convey that my protagonist's lost in a forest. However, I am hoping to make the lighting a little darker, perhaps. I will also be using many high-angled long shots, to show the density of the forest and highlight my protagonist's isolation in a hostile environment.


This second photo, taken from 'The Blair Witch Project' (1999, US, Daniel Myrick & Eduardo Sanchez), is a better representation of the setting I wish to achieve in my film. I will be using an extensive use of extreme long-shots, like the one above, in order to convey a sense of vastness, and empty 'negative' space.

No comments:

Post a Comment