Monday 11 October 2010

Influences: 1



With the above photo, taken in sepia (or edited to be sepia afterwards), there is a stark contrast between the forest floor and the shadows emitted from the trees. I am not sure whether I want to achieve this effect, but it is definitely something I will be thinking about. However, because the above picture looks otherworldly and unconventional, I will be aiming to achieve this style (the sepia and trees) in a flashback sequence, in order to take the audience away from reality.


This photo, edited to be sepia, will influence me on my numerous flashback scenes throughout my short film. In my short film, unanimous objects will be found in the forest as my Protagonist tries to find her way back home. When stumbling upon these objects, that mean something to her, they will trigger a flashback. However, in order for me to achieve this, I want to convey a sense of unrealism and unreality to the flashback to connote that this is a different time period; in the past, without having to use the mundane black and white edit. This will be accompanied by non-diegetic sound, and I am currently considering background music resemblent of a fair ground, to create a sense of unrealism and create an eery atmosphere...

No comments:

Post a Comment