Monday 18 October 2010

Setting Ideas:

These are a collection of photos I took, whilst scouting for places to set my short film, in which I will most likely shoot my film. I decided to find places which would fit neatly in to my storyboard and narrative, needing a forest and numerous flashback sequences which would be set in urban settings such as, in one instance, a park swing (shown in the first photograph). I decided to take photographs to give me an idea as to what the setting was like, and allowed me to premeditate where I was going to do my shooting of the film. This will allow me to shoot my short film a lot quicker as I already have the locations for the on-location shootings planned. I added a model, another film studies student and a friend, in my photographs in order to give them scope and depth, highlighting where my actor would be placed if I was to use the actual location. The mise en scene isn't strict in this instance as she is only used to reflect where the camera and actor will be positioned in accordance of each other, and therefore on some photographs, she may be using a phone, as well as posing for the camera. This also allowed me to test different camera angles, and see what angle/distance was best suited for what I was trying to convey.



Setting were I can film the 'Swing Scene'

Example of an ELS in a forest setting


Two examples of dutch-angles



A voyeuristic shot which I hope to put in my film.
The killer will be hiding behind the tree (POV)

Another dutch-angle at MCU


A shot which will be in my film with
Holly following a track


A LS of a red shirt, which will be in my short film



An ELS of Holly, once again.



The above three images are all examples of
 gothic mise en scene

An example of internal framing to show Holly's
 entrapment in the forest



The above two shots are examples of
internal framing.

An ELS showing Holly walking in to a trap through
 her walking in to thick forestry
('being caught in the killer's web')




Two examples of a beaten forest track

Holly will find a ring on this tree.







The above two shots highlight the
 beauty of the forest

Holly, my character played By Ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment